(1) First. Refer to the parts list to locate the item by description. This list is listed in alphabetical sequence within
each figure number.
(2) Second. After locating the item in the Repair Parts List, refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock Number
or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence. The part numbers in the Part
Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence. Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure
and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then locate
the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
7. Abbreviations. Not applicable.