(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry
for each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported
exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a
(10) The indenture, shown as dots appearing before the repair part, indicates that the item is a repair
part of the next higher assembly.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in
the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and may vary
from application to application.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number
(NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN, i.e.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be
used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanu-
meric sequence (i e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit
of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like
(1) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric
code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc.,that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of
its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column Iists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Sec-
tions II. and III.