(b) Adjust three angular alignment bolts (2)
(6) Remove three mirror targets from TSU
boresight block tapered holes ZO28, ZO1l, and ZO1l,
to adjust pitch and roll. Tighten bolts and locknuts.
and store mirrors.
(13) Using steps 13 and 14, table 2-1, align for-
ward gun block (FG), if required, using procedures in
(7) Install boresight telescopes in boresight
paragraph (12) (a) and (b) above.
alignment assembly (ZO), left wing block (LW) and
right wing block (RW) as listed in steps 7 and 8, table
(14) Using steps 15 and 16, table 2-1, check for-
ward gun block for azimuth alignment. If not within
(8) Adjust sliders to position boresight align-
tolerance, adjust block using procedures in paragraph
ment assembly in yaw and roll to meet tolerances in
12 (a) and (b).
steps 7 and 8, table 2-1.
(15) Using step 17, table 2-1, align left gun block
(LG), if required, using procedures in paragraph (12)
(9) Transfer telescope to position in step 9,
(a) and (b) above.
table 2-1 and adjust sliders until pitch adjustment is
(16) Using step 18, table 2-1, align right gun
block (RG), if required, using procedures in paragraph
(10) Remove telescopes, remove TSU-GSE (ZO)
(12) (a) and (b) above.
block from TSU, tighten azimuth retaining knobs, re-
move BAGSE in reverse order of installation and in-
(17) Compare LG to RG, using step 19, table 2-1.
stall BAGSE on stand assembly.
Roll and yaw sensitivity is better in step 19 than steps
17 and 18, table 2-1. Any adjustment will improve
alignment. If any adjustment is made to either gun
block, repeat paragraphs (12) and (13) above.
The next step is shelf alignment. The sliders
(18) Compare gun blocks to TSU blocks using
will not be used for this procedure.
steps 20 and 21, table 2-1.
(11) Install TSU-GSE (ZO) block on shelf. Install
(19) If any adjustment was required in parag-
telescope in position RW1l and target telescope with
raph (15) above, repeat paragraphs (11) through (15)
illumination assembly in position ZO11, and adjust
until steps 15 through 19, table 2-1, are within toler-
shelf support screws to align vertical and horizontal
reticle, (step 7, table 2-l). Install telescope in position
LW1l and target telescope in position ZO1l and adjust
Remove boresight telescopes and store in case
shelf support screws to align target reticle (step 8, table
2-l). Install telescope in FR28, install target telescope
in ZO28 and adjust shelf support to align for tolerance
Disconnect 28 vdc power supply.
in step 9, table 2-1.
h. Disconnect illumination assemblies and store in
(12) Using steps 10, 11, and 12, table 2-1, align
case No. 5.
upper block (UP), if required, using following proce-
dures and figure 2-4:
Disconnect cable assembly from electrical
power source and store in case No. 5.
(a) Loosen all locknuts. Yaw adjustment is
made by loosening one socket head screw and tighten-
ing the other.