C-4 Explanation of columns (Sect. IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number
(NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., NSN 5305-01-674-1467-NIIN).
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN
should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located.
The figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section Ill.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adja-
cent Fig. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending
alphanumeric sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first let-
ter or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following let-
ter or digit in like order).
(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code
used to identify the manufacturer distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by
means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item
or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Section II and Ill.
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
Special Information. Use the following subparagraphs as applicable:
a. USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as "UOC: . . . . . . . . " in the Description Column (justified left) on the
first line applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
b. INDEX NUMBERS. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number
shown in the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock
Number/Part Number Index and the bulk material list in Section Il.