d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
company, firm, corportation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the
item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to
identify an item or range of items.
NOTE: When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part
number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry (in-
sert applicable physical security classification abbreviation, e.g., Phy Sec C1 (c) -Confidential, Phy Sec C1
(s) -Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) -Top Secret).
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immedialtely following the
assembled item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the
item to be manufactured/fabricated.
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial
numbers are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph C-5, Special information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the en-
try for each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of issue, the
total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5
for a given figure in both Section II and Section Ill.
f. QTY (Column, (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used
in the breakdown shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group,
subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity in-
dicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from application to applica-