13. Test gyrocompass with repeaters.
b. Press STOP on ERC (62 or 65, FIGURE
14. Test depth recorder (fathometer).
c. Press the lube oil purifier STOP button on
15. Test general, chemical and collision alarms.
the controller (4, FIGURE 2-209).
16. Ensure all equipment is on bridge: binoculars,
d. Press STOP button on lube oil transfer
pencils, logs, etc.
pump (46, FIGURE 2-209).
17. Switch from shore power to ship's service
e. Close all valves in main engine lubricating
oil piping system (FIGURE 2-209).
18. Set clocks.
f. Close all valves in main engine fuel oil
19. Set sea detail.
circulation piping system (FIGURE 2-210).
20. Order gangplank taken in.
g. Close all valves in the stern tube
lubrication piping system (FIGURE 2-211).
h. Press STOP on the reduction gear cooling
water pump motor controller (18, FIGURE 2-212).
1. Prepare fuel and water reports/draft report.
2. Test emergency steering panel.
engine/reduction gear cooling water piping system.
3. Test all lamp tests on panels to ensure alarm
lights are working.
4. Ensure engine motor control center is properly
a. Set RPTR Switch (FIGURE 2213) to OFF
5. Test phone circuits and communications with
b. Set gyrocompass, power converter and
6. Test EOT and throttles in conjunction with
battery charger (Breaker 25, FIGURE 2-101, Sheet 8 of
21) on Pilothouse Emergency Distribution Panel EP2 to
7. Ensure main switchboard is properly aligned.
8. Ensure all piping systems are properly aligned.
2-5.34.3. Potable Water System.
9. Store all loose gear and secure cabinets.
10. Set sea detail on command from the master.
a. Turn hot water circulating pump switch
(FIGURE 2-114) in the upper machinery room to OFF.
2-5.34. Shutdown Procedures
b. Turn FRESHWATER PRESS SET #1
2-5.34.1. Main Engines.
STBD HAND/OFF/AUTO switch (93, SWITCH 2-215) on
Motor Control Center to OFF.
c. Set FRESHWATER PRESS SET #1
STBD circuit breaker (80) to OFF position.
Observe FINISHED WITH ENGINE
d. Turn motor control center FRESHWATER
indication on either EOT (1, FIGURE
PRESS SET #2 STBD switch (89, FIGURE 2-215) to
2-207) for indication that bridge has
finished with engine.
e. Turn FRESHWATER PRESS SET #2
STBD circuit breaker (81) to OFF.
a. Rotate the EOT switch (9) to point to
FINISHED WITH ENGINE.