e. Remove chocks from resilient mounted components.
Initial Setup Procedure. Includes operational checks and inspections that are not performed for a routine
startup. Direct support maintenance personnel will perform initial setup in accordance with TM 55-1905-223-10. This
paragraph covers initial startup.
a. Prestart Inspection.
(1) Verify that the voltage, phase, and frequency of ship's power (240 Vac, 3 phase, 60 Hz) match the callout on the
unit label plate.
(2) Verify that a grounding strap is installed.
(3) Open feed water inlet valve (2, FIGURE 2-1) for appropriate watermaker. No. 1 watermaker valve is the outboard
(4) Open product water delivery valve (1) for appropriate watermaker.
(5) On the housing of the high pressure pump, unscrew the red oil fill plug/dip stick and read oil level.
(6) If level is low, insert funnel and add SAE 30 detergent oil (Item 2, Appendix C) to FULL mark.
(7) Remove left front louvered panel and pulley guard (para. 2-16).
(8) Verify belt tension on high pressure pump, using procedures in paragraph 2-17.
(9) Install pulley guard and left front louvered panel (para. 2-16).
Failure to open high pressure bypass valve will result in hydraulic shock to the system.
(1) On dash panel, turn HI PRESSURE BYPASS valve V1 (2, FIGURE 2-2) one quarter turn counterclockwise to
(2) Turn CLEANING VALVE V2 (13) to OPERATE (arrow down).
(3) Push POWER SWITCH S1 (6) to ON position.
(4) Push water monitor POWER switch (7) to ON (up).
(a) LOW PRESSURE GAUGE PG1 (5) goes negative temporarily as high pressure pump applies suction to the
feed water line.